This was delivered in my email and it seems important enough to share – it’s a reminder
1. Tip from Tae Kwon Do :
The elbow is the strongest point on your body. If you are close enough to use it, do!
2. Learned this from a tourist guide. If a robber asks for your wallet &/or purse.
DO NOT HAND IT TO HIM. Toss it away from you. Chances are that he is more interested in your wallet &/or purse than you,& he will go for the wallet/purse.
RUN LIKE MAD IN THE OTHER DIRECTION!
3. If you are ever thrown into the trunk of a car, kick out the back tail lights and stick your arm out the hole & start waving like crazy. The driver won’t see you, but everybody else will. This has saved lives.
4. Women have a tendency to get into their cars after shopping, eating, working, etc., & just sit (doing their chequebook, or making a list, etc.(DON’T DO THIS!) The predator may be watching you, & this is the perfect opportunity for him to get in on the passenger side, put a gun to your head,and tell you where to go.
AS SOON AS YOU GET INTO YOUR CAR,
LOCK THE DOORS AND LEAVE.If someone is in the car with a gun to your head
DO NOT DRIVE OFF,Repeat:DO NOT DRIVE OFF!
Instead run the engine and speed into anything, wrecking the car. Your Air Bag will save you. If the person is in the back seat they will get the worst of it. As soon as the car crashes bail out and run. It is better than having your body found in a remote location.
5. A few notes about getting into your car in a parking lot, or parking garage:
A.) Be Aware: Look around you, look into your car, at the passenger side floor, and in the back seat
B.) If you are parked next to a big van enter your car from the passenger door.
Most serial killers attack their female victims by pulling them into their vans while the women are attempting to get into their cars.
C.) Look at the car parked on the driver’s side of your vehicle, & on the passenger side. If a male is sitting alone in the seat nearest your car, you may want to walk back
Into the mall, or work, & get a guard/policeman to walk you back out.
IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY.(And better paranoid than dead.)
6. ALWAYS take the elevator instead of the stairs. Stairwells are horrible places to be alone, & the perfect crime spot. This is especially true at NIGHT!
7. If the predator has a gun & you are not under his control,ALWAYS RUN!
The predator will only hit you (a running target) 4 in 100 times; & even then, it most likely WILL NOT be a vital organ. RUN, preferably in a zig -zag pattern!
8. As women, we are always trying to be sympathetic: STOP!!It may get you raped, or killed. Ted Bundy, the serial killer, was a good-looking, well educated man,
who ALWAYS played on the sympathies of unsuspecting women.He walked with a cane, or a limp, & often asked ‘for help’ into his vehicle or with his vehicle,
which is when he abducted his next victim.
9. Another Safety Point:Someone just told me that her friend heard a crying baby on her porch the night before last, & she called the police because it was late & she thought it was weird… The police told her’whatever you do, DO NOT open the door..’
The lady then said that it sounded like the baby had crawled near a window, & she was worried that it would crawl to the street & get run over. The policeman said, ‘We already have a unit on the way,whatever you do, DO NOT open the door.’He told her that they think a serial killer has a baby’s cry recorded & uses it to coax women out of their homes, thinking that someone dropped off a baby. He said they have not verified it,
but have had several calls by women saying that they hear baby’s cries outside their doors
when they’re home alone at night.
10. Water Scam! If you wake up in the middle of the night to hear all your taps outside running, or what you think is a burst pipe, DO NOT GO OUT TO INVESTIGATE!
These people turn on all your outside taps full bore so that you will go out to investigate
& then they attack. Stay alert, keep safe, and look out for your neighbours!